Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Spring Weekend

Supervising the flower planting.

This weekend, like the past 3 or 4 was full of beautiful weather. Pollen was really the only thing keeping it from perfect! Hopefully the rain we're supposed to be getting this week will take care of that and we'll get to enjoy a few more weekends of springtime temperatures before it gets too hot and buggy.

Saturday morning Mark went on a 7.7 mile run on one of the most hilly roads in Gainesville and I went to the gym to the "Mothers in Motion" water aerobics class. I was a little skeptical about going, but I've been twice now and have really enjoyed it. It's surprisingly a better workout than I anticipated and is a nice break for my back which hurts almost all the time now.

We spent the rest of the weekend around the house, Mark (and Bailey) worked outside most of the time cleaning up the yard and planting some flowers. I did the usual weekend chores inside (laundry, vacuuming, dusting, etc). Nothing too exciting but it's such a great feeling to sit down on Sunday evening and have a clean house to start the week!

Bailey agreeing to help Mark do some yard work.

Such a diligent helper!

Too much work . . . exhausted!

We also got some paint samples from Lowes for the little guy's room. Mark's going to paint the two options on the wall tonight and hopefully during the next week or so we can watch the colors change with the time of day and make a final decision. We got a light green (called Dill) and a blue/gray (called Pelican). The paint always looks much different from the sample when you bring it home so I'm curious to see what they look like on the wall.

The only other exciting news from the weekend was that we had 3 different birds come to the bird bath . . . FINALLY! I got Mark the bird bath for his birthday (in October) and we haven't seen one bird in it until this past week. Mark saw a female cardinal (aka Mrs. C) earlier in the week, and then on Friday we saw her in it again along with a wren and a thrasher.

Mrs. C taking a bath.

A thrasher in the bird bath.

Those are all the updates from sunny Florida. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: