I spent the last week in Denmark attending a WONDERFUL workshop on rehabilitative audiology. I spent the time working with 25 Audiologists from around the world and had a great trip. Despite the chilly weather Scandinavia is still a beautiful, welcoming, easy place to visit and I'm so glad to have been given this opportunity. The trip involved A LOT of traveling but was worth all of the hours I spent on planes, trains and sitting in airports! I stayed in Skodsborg, Denmark, a tiny little coastal village north of Copenhagen. The restaurant in the hotel was on the top floor and had wonderful views of Sweden across the water.

I should have kept a diary of my trip in terms of all the amazing meals, but I didn't have time to constantly take pictures which would have been required. We didn't go hungry! The breakfast was very similar to what Mark and I had when we were in Scandinavia this summer. A huge spread of cheese, bread, yogurt, granola, fruit, fish, eggs, etc. Lunches and dinners for the meeting were also provided for us by the hotel restaurant along with a constant supply of "snacks" (coffee, tea, nuts, fruit, pastries). Much of the food offered for lunch and dinner I had to avoid because of the pregnancy but they were so accommodating! For lunch they often had fresh salmon, caught that morning in the bay outside (I heard it was amazing) and dinners were beautifully prepared meats, vegetables, and desserts. I wish I'd documented it all with my camera!
I spent most of my trip traveling or attending the workshop, but did have a short time to travel into Copenhagen and explore. The weather was rainy and chilly that day so I didn't stay long. Below are a few pictures from my time in Denmark.
The quaint little seaside village of Skodsborg.




No comments:
Post a Comment