As I reflect on 2012 so many things come to mind:
- Jacob starting "school"
- The death of two of my closest friends parents
- Progress in my work towards my PhD
- Jacob's 1st birthday and so many milestones
-The engagement of another wonderful friend
- Wonderful visits with close friends and family
As I anticipate 2013 I know only a few things are certain:
- We are going to welcome many new lives into the world:
- Tonight (or tomorrow) one of my good friends will become a mother and I'll get to meet here sweet baby girl
- I will become an Aunt, Mark an Uncle, and Jacob a cousin in March
- And in April, Baby Boy Jorne will be welcomed into this world by lots of excited family
- Jacob will continue to grow, learn and amaze us as we continue to grow and learn as parents.
- My best friend will graduate from Flight Surgery training and instead of being a 5 hour drive away will be living on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean
- Work will be challenging and life will bring us bumps and bruises but with the support of our loving family and friends we will soon be reflecting on the memories of 2013 together.
Ok, so that was my attempt at a heartfelt little post to begin the new year; now back to my typical posts:
Jacob is 17 months old today and between having a cold and some terrible teething he's been a challenging toddler the past few days. We've been taking lots of walks and enjoying the nice weather playing in the backyard to provide distractions. Yesterday we went to the museum with friends in the morning and the park with more friends in the afternoon which helped keep him busy. His gums are so swollen, I can't imagine how uncomfortable it is getting so many teeth at once!
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday season and have a happy and healthy new year. As always, here are a few pictures.
![]() |
| Chilly morning on the last day of 2012 |
| 4 kids looking at the camera?! |
![]() |
| Silly face :-) |
![]() |
| Is anyone home? |
| Daddy's little helper |
| Cleaning his house |



No comments:
Post a Comment