Monday, May 28, 2012

"Bye Bye Mama"

Today is a rainy day as tropical storm Beryl passes over us.  Jacob is napping . . . Mark and I talk everyday about how he’s growing up so quickly.  He’s taking naps now, real naps.  Two naps a day, at consistent times, for a consistent amount of time.  Crazy!  At home he takes two 1.5-2 hour naps, at school . . . well, that’s a different story.  He still only takes two naps but they are usually much shorter.  He is also sleeping through the night!  Did you get that?  Shhh, don’t say it out loud, just smile and keep reading.  I’ve been waiting to post that for quite some time because I wanted to make sure it was real.  He’s been sleeping through the night off and on for over a month now (minus the times he was sick).  Every so often he’ll wake up around 5am and nurse and then go back to sleep, but he has been consistently sleeping from 7:30pm to around 7:30am for the last two weeks. 
Reading with Daddy before bed.  (Sorry about the bad picture quality, I took it with my phone from the other room).


We’ve had a wonderful long weekend at home as a family.   Friday, Jacob went to school until lunch and when we got there to pick him up they whole school was out on the playground because of a small fire in the food warming cart.  They put it out with a fire extinguisher but there was a lot of smoke in the building so they ended closing the school for the afternoon.  They have fire drills often and for Jacob’s class all of the babies are put in two cribs and rolled outside.  When we got there Friday his teacher said he did really well getting out of the building but he wasn’t very keen on the fire trucks and firemen. The weather was nice on Friday and Saturday so we were able to spend a lot of time outside, then it starting raining . . .



Watching Daddy fill the bird feeders

Hmm, where can I go now?

A BIG brown leaf, this is awesome!  Much better then those small ones I always seem to find.
Smiling boy.
Saturday morning we went blueberry picking with our friend’s Matt, Amy and Genevieve.  It was hot, and the berries were slim picking but we had a good time.  We ended up picking about 3 cups of berries and Mark made some yummy muffins this morning for breakfast.  Saturday afternoon we went to the pool with the Gaters and then out for pizza.  Satchels, our favorite restaurant had a kitchen fire a few months ago and has been closed so we weren't able to go there but we’re hoping they will be open again soon!!!
Silly boy!

Jacob and Mark blueberry picking

Jacob and Genevieve blueberry picking.

Ready for the pool!

Yesterday we spent the day at home, playing, doing housework and watching the Indy 500.  We missed being in Indianapolis this year but had fun watching the race at home.  Jacob wore his racing suit until he threw up ALL OVER Mark during the first 10 minutes of the race.  No idea why but he did a good job!  It would have been a great picture and a memory to laugh about in the future but there was no time for picture taking after that incident. 

Family self portrait Friday night.  Jacob wore his car pajamas for the 500.

Ready for the 500

Check out these cools cars! Thanks Aunt Kristen!

Relaxing with Daddy.

 We’re gearing up for two beach trips in the next couple of weeks but have busy work schedules in the meantime.  Jacob is a very busy, happy, hungry boy these days.  He’s trying new foods all the time, standing up when ever he can find something to even half way hold onto, and still has the very best smile and laugh!  He doesn’t have much fear when it comes to crawling or standing and letting go so I imagine walking and running and climbing are in our near future.  Oh, and I almost forgot the best part of the week . . . Jacob said "Bye Bye Mama" and waved to me when I dropped him off at school on Thursday morning.  It made me smile all day( actually, I think I'm still smiling about it), and is such a big change from the crying he usually does when I leave him.  It was as clear as can be and both of his teachers heard it too.  I was convinced it was just a fluke though but when I went to see him at lunch he waved and said "Mama Bye Bye" when I left.  When I came to pick him up at the end of the day all the teachers in his suite knew he'd said it and they were trying to get him to talk in full sentences.  His vocabulary is growing quickly.  He knows a lot receptively:  Mama, Daddy, Bailey, eat, milk, up, more, finished.  He says: Mama, Dada, Bye Bye (inconsistently), Up (inconsistently) and as of this weekend "Ba" for Bailey.  He also loves waving and is getting really good and waving Hi and Bye.   He also has some cute little curls forming in his hair.  More on that when I can get a good picture of them.
Love those lips!

Trouble!

Hanging out with Daddy.

Jacob's artwork from school.

Our living room after Jacob's in it for 5 minutes.

Would you like something to read?
Ready for school one day last week.  Right after I took this picture he proceeded to crawl straight out the front door and over the threshold without stopping then roll onto the doormat and scratch his face.  He wasn't phased. 




One of Jacob's many silly faces.

More magazine reading before bath.

Today is a day to give thanks to those who have and those who currently serve our country as well as their families.  My job at the VA has increased my knowledge and therefore my understanding and respect for our servicemen and women.  They are all so brave and strong and make daily sacrifices for our country.  Thank you!  

 Have a wonderful 4 days week everyone!

   

No comments: