The weather has been very spring-like here which is a bit unusual. It seems to me that it usually goes from "winter" to summer in a matter of hours and we never look back. This year we've had chilly evenings and even some chilly days with a few teases of 80 degree weather. It's been nice, minus the terrible pollen.
We have ferns hanging on our front porch and for the past few years a family of wrens has built nests and laid eggs there. This year we have 5 eggs that should be hatching any day now. Jacob loves going out and looking at the eggs. We did this with him for the first time about a week ago. Then we waited a few days before bringing it up again. One evening this week I asked Jacob is he wanted to go out and look at the bird nest and asked him what was in it, to which he promptly replied "EGGS". He's quite excited about them.
Last weekend Jim and Diane (Mark's Uncle and Aunt) came to visit on their way home from Orlando. We had a great time visiting with them. Mark and Jim golfed(even though it was chilly and rainy), we took them to our favorite restaurant( Satchel's of course), on a tour of UF's campus, and to the Natural History Museum and Butterfly rainforest. Jacob was spoiled with lots of new books and stuffed animals and poor Bailey has now been in withdrawal from all of the attention.
We've been spending a lot of time outside recently( I know that's not surprising given Jacob's affinity for the outdoors) but we're trying to take advantage of the nice weather while we can, it will be hot and humid soon!
Jacob's school was hit badly with the norovirus this year. Last week 2/3 of the school was out sick. Somehow, Jacob was only one of 2 in his class including the teachers to not get it. He had pink eye last week and has been on antibiotics for that, maybe that helped? We kept him home Thursday and Friday to avoid any more exposure, they were also doing a mass cleaning to try to get rid of any remaining germs.
This morning we took Jacob for his first haircut. I was a bit apprehensive because I love his curls but the sides were getting way too long. Mark needed a haircut too so they got them done at the same time. Jacob wasn't keen on it to begin with but warmed up quickly and kept taking about it after we were done. He looks like quite the little boy now! (And for those of you worrying, after we washed it his hair started waving and curling again :-))
Tomorrow we're planning on a quiet Easter. Hopefully church in the morning and then an egg hunt in the backyard for Jacob and Bailey in the afternoon. I'm just starting to get over bronchitis I've had for a month so resting this weekend is our first plan. (As much as you can rest with a busy toddler).
I'll leave you with one cute Jacob story and a few pictures. Thursday when I was home with him I told him we needed to go the grocery story. He immediately started spouting off a grocery list: yogurt, applesauce, orange juice. It confused me a bit at first until I realized that was the grocery list I told him we needed a week ago when we were going to the store! This kids memory amazes me everyday!











No comments:
Post a Comment