Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reading

Jacob loves books! Every evening this week when we got home from school Jacob either sat on the floor and read books while I cooked dinner, or he took every single book off of his bookshelf looking for books with bunnies. I have no idea why he was looking for bunnies but the 3rd day in a row I decided to video him. Here he is reading away.

I was so glad I captured this video, it was my proud Mommy moment of the week :-). I was shocked when he picked up the ABC book and started pointing to the letters and saying them! It is so amazing how much his little 19 month old brain already holds! I had no idea he knew that!

Mark and I both enjoy listening to him from another room when he's playing by himself or listening to him talking to the other one of us. You're able to pick up a lot more of what he's saying when you're outside of the conversation and we're amazed at the phrases he's starting to say. He repeats a lot of what we say, and puts together 3 and 4 word phrases regularly. The challenge recently is that he comes home from school talking about things we didn't know about and we have to try to figure it out. He's very serious about us understanding and will repeat things for days until we get it. We finally figured out this week he was talking about an apple seed book and song they have at school so I'll be talking to his music teacher next week about that! :-)





No comments: