Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rhode Island

Hi, we haven't forgotten about you! I have lots of updates but we'll see how far I get before I get pulled away to something else. Labor Day weekend Jessie came to visit us and we had a great time visiting with her. Jacob was saying "Jess" by the end of her visit which was adorable and he loved playing with her! By the end of the weekend he wanted her to carry him instead of us. By the time she left though he was sick which is so kindly passed along to both me and Mark. Mark and Jacob went to the doctor Tuesday and were put on antibiotics and I started them by Friday. Jacob ended up with eye and ear infections, poor little guy! After a few days of battling with antibiotics he finally decided to be cooperative when taking them which made all of our lives a lot easier. Since we were all sick and had little energy we debated about canceling out trip to RI until the last minute but ended up going and had a great trip.
Go Blue!  Go Gators!

Smiles with Mommy



Helping Daddy fill the bird feeders

Curious

What a good little helper!


One year later in his Hokie chair.  The first time we put him in this he was 1 month old.

The chair is much for fun if you stand next to it.



No amused.

And he's off!

Bailey kisses

That leads me to our last week. We spent Saturday - Wednesday in Rhode Island enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. I attended my favorite Audiology conference and presented a poster while Mark and Jacob explored Providence and got to spend some fun time together. Went went to to zoo as a family the first day we were there. The second day I had a long day of meetings and Mark and Jacob went back to the park where the zoo was and went to the Natural History museum. Tuesday the boys went to the Providence Children's Museum in the morning and had a blast. They ended up taking me back there after Jacob napped and my conference ended. What a fun place!

After the museum we drove to Newport, RI and walked on the cliffs, enjoying the beautiful weather and admiring the mansions. Then it was time for dinner and bed.

Jacob was an amazing traveler! I was nervous about how he would cooperate in the airplane since he's a busy boy these days but he was great! He napped, we read books, ate, looked at the brochures of the airplane and spent lots of time looking for birds out the window. We've decided we're ready to travel the world. (We just need the time and money to allow us).

I'll post some pictures from Rhode Island as soon as I download them.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

YAY! I made the blog!! Miss you guys...and glad that I somehow avoided getting sick like you guys...probably because I was around sick kids all the time!