Monday, October 24, 2011

That's a Good Deal!

Last week was the week of bargains for mwaw!

The day care that we hope Jacob gets into (he's currently #8 on the waiting list) just relocated one of their centers and had a yard sale last Thursday.
I spent $6 and got:
- An outdoor table for Jacob (yes, it's a little premature but he'll use it before we know it) for $2. Similar to this one, except ours is yellow, green and purple.
- A glue gun (for future craft projects) for $1.
- A huge tupperware box full of toys. $3 He now has two new activity mats, another mirror, and LOTS of fun baby toys.

Then, on Saturday, the Fall Friends of the Library Book Sale began. This sale is held for 5 days, twice a year in Gainesville and has over 500,000 used books. This year we spent $52. That probably doesn't sound like much of a deal but we got 34 books! Mark got 6 hardcover James Patterson books, I got a baby sleep book I've been looking for, and we got Jacob 27 gently used great books! I might have to go back and see if I can find any other steals on Wednesday (it's 10 cent day). The original price of all the books was $346.10+ (I couldn't find the original price for 3 of them.)

So, as one of our favorite baggers at Publix says, "That's a good deal"!

No comments: