I can't believe it's already August. Time is flying. It's HOT here, as I know it is everywhere right now, but it's REALLY HOT here! The outdoor part of our indoor/outdoor thermometer is broken and either reads really high number (around 150 F) or HHH(to hot to register I guess). It's become a joke but sometimes I almost think it really is that hot out there!
Summer is close to an end and football season is right around the corner. We have lots to look forward to this month... my cousin Kristen is getting married in NJ next weekend that will be another fun family get together. Marks parents are coming to visit the following weekend and we already have it full of plans, and then it's back to school. I am teaching an undergraduate class this semester with between 70 and 80 students, I think they'll keep me busy. Mark's boss is retiring at the end of August and he has been officially appointed the "Acting City Arborist". He also submitted his application for the Arborist position and hopes to know something about that by the time is boss leaves.
We're planning our next trip with Michael & Claire for September in San Fransisco and looking forward to another long brother/sister weekend! :-) I have a conference there and so we're all going out the weekend before to explore, then they'll fly home and I'll stay and spend some time with my AuD buddies (Rachel, Megan and Suzanne) who I don't see often enough!
We're still sorting pictures from our trip but will try to have Norway and Sweden posted soon.
Happy Friday Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment