Life is very very sweet! Smelly and dirty and loud and sleepless but wonderful in every way! I have to say the biggest adjustment to having 2 kids so far has been how grown up Jacob seems! When he walked into the hospital room to meet Evan I saw shocked at how big he seemed and it's still taking some adjusting. He was my first baby but was instantly not my little baby anymore. He seems so mature and so big and even more of an independent little boy than I realized he is! Yes, he just turned 4.5 and still relies on us for a lot, and has meltdowns over anything when he's tired, and still likes us to lay with him to fall asleep, but he just seems so much older!
Jacob LOVES Evan! We've had our moments of adjusting to not being an only child but fortunately this love has overpowered (almost) all. He constantly wants to know what Evan's doing, kiss him, tell him what we're doing, hold him, etc. He was so excited to tell everyone about him when he was born and almost 7 weeks later being a big brother still suits him very well! As much as Jacob loves Evan, Evan loves Jacob! Evan has recognized Jacob and his voice for a few weeks now and looks for him when he hears him. He also gets a big grin on his face whenever he sees him, and of course Jacob loves that!
I know they'll have their quarls and differences in life but I hope that the love they have for each other is always able to prevail because it is so amazing to watch!






No comments:
Post a Comment