Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

I'm so far behind I'm going to try to start here and move backwards to catch up.  Maybe that will work?  Life has been really busy recently (I'll cover that later).  I was at a conference in DC at the end of last week(my first time away from Jacob).  Yesterday we enjoyed a quiet day as a family.  We walked around the Micanopy Fall Arts Festival in the morning and then carved a pumpkin in the afternoon.  I gave Jacob a few options for the face and he picked his favorite.  Mark ended up doing all of the work because Jacob wanted nothing do to with touching the "guts".   He did enjoy the final product though and loved watching our jack-o-lantern glow during dinner.  Daddy did a great job carving the pumpkin and since I'm home with a sick kiddo today I roasted the seeds this morning and they smell delicious. That's all I have time for now . . . here are a few pictures from my trip to DC and our pumpkin carving.


Checking out Julia Child's kitchen at the American History Museum

 










No comments: