Wednesday, May 1, 2013

21 months (1.75 years)!

  • He calls the color orange, oranges but he also called oranges, oranges.
  • He calls his paci a bap
  • He makes things plural when they need to be and singular when appropriate (most of the time), how do they learn our confusing language so fast?!
  • He calls flamingo "nogos"
  • When you ask him what he saw at Animal Kingdom two weekends ago his first answer is always BIRDIES! He loves birds!
  • He can do am excellent imitation of a crow
  • He calls his ukelele "row row Lele"
  • Did I mention he loves birds? All animals really but especially birds. My guess for a profession at this point is a Veterinarian or Ornithologist.
  • We turned his car seat around to face forward last weekend. I'm still adjusting to the change, he seems to like it. He is very interested in car keys and now since he's facing forward can see the keys in the ignition and he pretends to drive. He also has an excellent view to look for busses! Since he can see more of what he drops in front of him now from his seat he's also picked up a new phrase "Mommy get it".   He will say please when I remind him and then will say thank you when I give whatever he was missing back.
  • He's finally had more teeth pop through in the last month. His first set of upper molars and his bottom canines. Still waiting on the top canines and 4 more molars.
  • Jacob's other latest phrase is "one more minute", and he tells us this whenever he wants to play longer(or doesn't want to do whatever we're planning next).
  • He mimics all of our hand motions and mannerisms and is always listening! We were at his doctor last week because he scratched his eye and at the end of the appointment she was sitting talking to me and moving her hands while talking. We both looked at Jacob and watched him standing next to her mimicking all of her movements :-)
  • He has a toad that lives on his play house.  He's not always there but when he is Jacob gets very excited and says "Hi Toad" over and over and over.  
  • My recent favorite Jacob story happened on the playground at school on Monday. A moment I wish I had on video. I was picking Jacob up from a school and before he leaves he always finds Audrey and give her a hug goodbye. Monday, instead of hugging her he stuck out his hand, gave the perfect little handshake to Audrey saying "bye" and walked away. His teacher and I stood there is shock and started laughing since we both had no idea he knew how to shake hands. He talked about it the rest of the day and seemed very proud of himself
  • Happy 21 Months sweet boy!


21 Months!






No comments: