Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jacob's 1/2 Birthday

Today was Jacob's half birthday. 6 months old already, oh my goodness!!! He had his 6 month doctors appointment yesterday so he wasn't feeling very good today because of his shots. He's also going through his 6 month growth spurt so he stayed home with Mommy today and ate and slept and ate and snuggled, and ate and fussed, and ate and slept, you get the point. He weighs 17lbs, 11ounces (50th percentile) and is 27 inches long (75th percentile). He has been trying new foods recently and really likes the orange vegetables. So far he is a big fan of sweet potato, butternut squash and carrots, and he'll eat pears. He was not a fan of his first try with mango, papaya, apples and avocado. By "not a fan" I mean he gags and acts like it's choking him and then won't open his mouth for another bit. As soon as we switch to a food he likes he'll eat with no "complaints". It's quite entertaining, I'll try to video it sometime. We're going to try to take more pictures of him this weekend because today I was only able to snap a few in between the above said activities. He is the love of our life and I don't think we can imagine life without him anymore ( cliche I know, but true). Happy 6 Months Jacob Henry!

No comments: