Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jacob's First 36 hours

It's hard to believe its already been a week since Jacob began his entrance into this world. Last Saturday I began having contractions around 8am. They lasted all day but weren't too intense or consistent. I was able to sleep for a few hours Saturday night but around 2:30am Sunday morning they began to intensify and became progressively stronger and closer together throughout the day. By 5:30pm it was time to go to the hospital. When we arrived I was 7 centimeters dilated and we were pleasantly surprised. I quickly got an epidural (instant relief) and was given some time to rest and finish progressing before pushing. I started pushing at 12:30am and Jacob finally made his arrival on August 1st at 3:35am. He was born on 8/1/11 and weighed 8 lbs 1 oz., in Room 345 at 3:45am. We're pretty convinced he had the whole thing planned out.

Here are some pictures of Jacob's first 36 hours.

Our first family picture.

Proud Daddy

Jacob and Mommy

Jacob with Mark's Dad

Jacob with Mark's Mom

His first visitors

Caught a smile!

Jacob with my parents

Jacob and Mom

Now I know where that lip came from!

Warming up before his first bath.

After his bath . . .loving the warmer.


His first outfit, "Handsome like Dadddy". It lasted not more than 20 seconds before he spit up and had to be changed.

Mark, his Mom and Jacob ( with a big yawn)

Sacked out

Getting his first hearing test.

He passed with flying colors!


Proud Audiologist Mom during the hearing test.


More special visitors . . .The Gaters!


No comments: