Last Sunday I had my second baby shower. It was thrown by friends and coworkers in Gainesville and we were once again showered with lots of love (and gifts). Suzanne and Megan came to stay with us and went to the shower. The shower was at a park in Alachua, a little town north of Gainesville. We had yummy food and enjoyed a few baby shower activities. Everyone created scrap book pages with pictures of our family and guesses about the baby's birth date, weight, length, hair color, eye color, and name. I haven't gotten the final product yet but I'm looking forward to seeing it! Along with good food, great company and fun activities we received some wonderful gifts. Many of the people there are mothers of young children and gave us all of the essentials for the first few months (things for nursing, diapers, wipes, a stroller fan for the FL heat, bath tub, etc.). We also got a diaper bag, two beautiful hand made blankets, and a hand crocheted "football" for his newborn pictures. It was a special day and so wonderful to know how much support we have in Gainesville to welcome our new addition.
* I'll post pictures as soon as I get them*
No comments:
Post a Comment