
I haven't been an avid Oprah follower my whole life, and my daily life isn't really going to change now that the last show has aired; but I do think Oprah has brought a lot of good into our world. She encouraged reading and literacy, promoted change, encouraged self help, donated to many many causes, brought awareness to AIDS, alcoholism, and abuse, and inspired millions. So, in honor of her 25th and final season coming to a close, here are a few quotes from Oprah that I think can be used by all.
"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
"I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we're not wise enough to see it."
"The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work."
"Every one of us gets through the tough times because somebody is there, standing in the gap to close it for us."
"True forgiveness is when you can say, "Thank you for that experience."
"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not."
No comments:
Post a Comment