Friday, January 28, 2011

It's beginning to feel a bit more real . . .

We just made our first big baby purchase . . . . a crib. We ordered this crib (the "Chloe"), in white, from a local baby store. It seems kind of early but it takes 8-12 weeks to get here and we have to spread these things out. I guess it's real now! That, and the fact that my belly seems to be growing daily. Last week I suddenly gained quite the appetite and have to eat much more frequently now.

We've also checked a few more things off the list recently:

-We're on the waiting list at 2 preschools and are in the process of deciding on our 3rd choice

-We started the daunting task of cleaning out the room that will be for baby. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates in just a few short years! Last weekend we made a huge Goodwill run and I imagine a few more of those in our near future.

-Mark also started the process of sanding a dresser we're going to re-finish and use for a changing table.

Not much else going on in the sunshine state. We're both busy with work, and are looking forward to the predicted 70 degree temperatures this weekend!

1 comment:

Christine said...

It never really felt "real" until I was in labor. He/she will be here soon enough and you'll wonder what you used to do with all your free time. I can't wait to meet the little one!!!!!