I try to keep a list of some of the best Jacobisms and recently I feel like I'm adding to that list multiple times a day. Here are just a few recent ones:
"Mommy, be quiet, don't wake the blackberries"
This quote has to be prefaced with a little explanation. Even so, when he said it he caught us off gaurd until we figured out what he was saying. Mark and Jacob were home one day and watched part of Nemo. In that movie Nemo swims out into the ocean towards a boat and his Dad says to him "Don't touch the boat Nemo." So, Mark and Jacob were playing and Jacob told Mark "Don't touch the butt Daddy."
Nolan recently taught Jacob how to say Monkey in Spanish. One morning when Jacob wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse we asked him which one (because if he sees an episode once he NEVER forgets, therefore he picks the episode he wants). He said "I want to watch Mickey's Coconutty Monkey, Nono is my favorite, Nolan is silly!" He thinks its even more funny to call a monkey a "nono" instead of a "mono" so that's Jacob's spanish word for monkey.
Our conversation on the way to school this morning:
J: Mommy, when I play outside I get hot and sweaty.
Me: Yes, that is true, we live in Florida and it is hot.
J: Mommy, the desert is hot.
Me: You are right.
No comments:
Post a Comment