Friday, March 21, 2014

Phinally Done!

Wednesday I successfully defended my dissertation and other than a few edits which have already been submitted I'm done with school.  It's a great but odd feeling.  So much of our lives have been devoted to this over the past 5 years.  I am looking forward to doing something other than writing every evening and weekend!
It was made clear to me by Jacob yesterday though that my title as Mommy trumps all.  I was telling Jacob that it was an exciting day because I was done with school and a Dr. Dr.. He immediately, and very seriously told me "No Mommy, you're my Mommy Mommy!" :-)

We had a good time in Gainesville.  Jacob and I drove up early Wednesday morning.  He played with Mark while I defended and we then played at the Pitkins for evening.  Thursday morning Jacob and I had a breakfast date at The Bagel Bakery and had a play date at the park with Max and Genevieve.  It was so fun catching up with them.  Then I had a quick meeting on campus before we drove home all went out for a yummy dinner to celebrate.  

My new title: Hannah W. Siburt AuD, PhD
(That's going to take some getting used to)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Congrats!! So proud of you.