Sunday, April 7, 2013

20 Months

Ready for football (or picking up acorns)
Half smile

The day after Easter Jacob turned 20 months old, so this post is mostly for us to remember what he is like at 20 months.  He seems to still be growing, his 24 month clothes are almost all tight so he's wearing 2T now.  He is talking in many 2-4 word phrases and his vocabulary still seems to be expanding daily.  He loves being outside and helping us around the house.   His memory also amazes us!  He can point out all the parents of the kids in his class and the kids in his suite, knows whose lunch box is whose and whose jackets is whose, remembers the grocery list I told him 2 weeks ago, and other crazy things that even take me a while to recall when we're talking about them.  Two examples from this week:
-I told him Devon and Nolan were coming to visit this weekend and he immediately started talking about the ducks.  I then realized he was remembering the duck pond at their apartment complex we walked around when we were there a month ago. 

-Two weeks ago we went to the store and while we were getting ready I told him some things we needed to buy, orange juice, bananas, yogurt, milk, applesauce.  Then, last weekend I told him we needed to go to the grocery store and he starting naming a bunch of foods.  It completely caught be off guard until I realized it was the same foods I told him we needed the week before. 

Mr. Serious
Favorite books:  The Zoo Book (thanks Aunt Jessie) & Opposites (Sandra Boynton)
Favorite foods:  fish, hummus, berries, oranges, butter rolls from the bakery up the street, muf mufs (muffins)
Favorite animals:  dogs, birds, cats, flamingos and baboons

He's learning is colors and letters and to count which amazes us!

He still points out every bus he sees while we're driving and then asks for "more, more, more"  In fact, when he sees anything he likes he says the name of it and then asks for more.  How it is so innate in boys to like dirt and balls and transportation?

On his 20 months birthday our baby wrens hatched and Jacob asks everyday to go see them.  He also stands on the couch and watches the birds out the window, getting so exited when he seems them.    
Hey!





















This weekend Devon and Nolan did come visit.  Jacob wasn't feeling well Friday afternoon and evening so we had a long night Friday night.  He had a high fever and was obviously very uncomfortable.  Fortunately it was just a 24 hour bug because by lunch Saturday he was doing ok again and we were able to go with them to the Spring Arts Festival as originally planned, then strawberry picking and out to dinner.

I hope you have a wonderful week, it's going to be a warm one here.  Spring(or summer) has finally sprung.



















No comments: