Saturday, January 21, 2012

We made it almost 2 weeks . . .

I'm working today but it's slow so I have a few minutes to burn and thanks to my newly acquired Blogger App for iPhone I can write a post anywhere I want. ( That doesn't mean I'll be updating anymore than usual because I still have to have time, but it was the intention).

So, we made it almost two full weeks of daycare before we got sick. Mark and I starting feeling cruddy half way through the week and now Jacob seems to have the same thing. Nothing bad, just colds but I imagine there will be a lot of tissues used at our house the next few days. We'll just try to look at it as building our immunity right?

The first two weeks of school have gone well other than this cold and some crazy teething Jacob was going through at the beginning of this week. He did his first art project at school this week: he painted green mittens. They take them on walks in 3 and 4 seater baby strollers, can you imagine pushing 2 of those around? ( The weather has been beautiful so he's gotten to go on those almost every day). He plays with his friends ( the first time his teacher told me this I didn't believe her but she showed me pictures of it yesterday). They sit and talk to each other, so cute! He is doing well with his napping there and seems to be slowly but surely adjusting.

Mark and I have both been busy with work and enjoy even more every second we have at home with Jacob! We went on a hike (2+ hours) last weekend with some friends which was a lot of fun. Last weekend was a long weekend because of the Monday holiday and it spoiled all of us!

Jacob is 24 (almost 25 weeks) now and is talking and laughing up a storm. He gets more fun by the minute. Last weekend he started sitting really well on his own. We can't leave him unattended yet but he can sit for 10+ minutes at a time. Things are happening so quickly! He is also enjoying every new food we give him. He loved sweet potatoes as you saw previously, thought that carrots were just as yummy, and likes his oatmeal cereal much better than rice cereal. This week we're trying mango and then butternut squash. Yum yum! He also still loves being outside, is really interested in Bailey and likes to pet her; and he gives Mark and I kisses everyday!

Life is good, just going by too fast. We're trying to enjoy every minute with Jacob and he seems to get more fun by the day! I just can't believe he'll be 6 months old on the 1st!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: