Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy 1 Month Jacob!

Jacob was 1 month old yesterday! He woke me up at 3:45am on the dot to celebrate with a diaper change and a feedings. Wednesday we went for his one month check up and he weighs 9 lbs! We don't have to go back to the pediatrician for a month now which will be a change since we've been at least once a week since he was born. He's grown and changed so much during his first month, it's amazing. He smiles at us now which melts your heart! He loves looking around at the bright lights, walls, and outside world; but he also still loves snuggling with Mommy and Daddy to take a nap. Walking outside can calm any amount of crying and screaming, and I'm hoping his lack of enthusiasm for a dirty diaper will aid in potty training down the road. Boy how our lives have changed in the last month, but in so many wonderful ways! I'm sure 90% of my time this month has been spent feeding, changing diapers and washing bottles but I've loved every minute of it and it's gone by so incredibly fast! Yesterday he spent most of the day eating and screaming . . . I think he was going through a growth spurt. He was so exhausted by the evening though he slept for almost 6 hours at one time last night! Today is a new day and he's back to his normal sweet self. We're looking forward to seeing what the next month has in store for us.

I managed to snap a couple cute picture in between feeds and melt downs.


No comments: