Last weekend Mark, Bailey and I drove to Richmond, VA for Alex(my cousin) and Bret's wedding. They got married at a beautiful outdoor ceremony at 10:10am on 10.10.10. Then, they had their reception that evening again at 10:10pm on 10.10.10. It was a really long drive (12.5 hours) up I-95 but we got to stay with Erin and Sean and see a lot of our family.
We got there Friday night and spent the day Saturday at the Richmond Folk Festival and then hanging out at the Walker/Busch B&B. We relaxed on the porch while the dogs played, had a yummy steak dinner complete with brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream(a requirement for every rendezvous), and then sat around the bonfire.
Sunday Mark and I went into Richmond. After the morning wedding we spent the day with Mom's family setting up the reception and taking a quick stroll through the Folk Festival again before heading to the reception.
And Monday, we drove home.
This week I head to the DC/Maryland area for an Audiology meeting. I fly up Tuesday and back Wednesday so it will be a whirlwind trip in the middle of the week. Mark is very busy being the interim city arborist and we're spending the weekends watching football with friends, trying to catch up on lack of sleep from the week, and doing homework(well, that's just one of us). . . that's about all to our life in FL right now :-). Life is good, but flying by!





No comments:
Post a Comment