Monday, March 2, 2009

Atlanta and our version of "The big snow"

This weekend we went to Atlanta for my grandmother's birthday. Most of the family didn't end up making it because they were sick but we got to see my parents, brother, grandmother, and Rachel. Although it rained the entire weekend we still had a good time. The daffodils were blooming . . . this isn't a good picture because were were driving but I miss them because it's too hot for them in FL so I had to take a picture.


When we left yesterday it was pooring rain in Atlanta, but as soon as we got south of town it started snowing.



It was strange to be driving south in Georgia and be driving through snow. It was so exciting though because I don't remember the last time we saw snow. We didn't get to see any accumulation but it snowed through almost the entire state of GA. Then, this was the scene when we drove into Florida. :-)


It's called the sunshine state for a reason. We've never seen anything but blue sky and sun when we've driven into FL on I-75. It is cold here though, only in the 50's today and down into the 20's tonight. Wish we had snow on the ground to enjoy!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! I'm going to stalk you now, hope you don't mind.